Sydney , Novotel Sydney Central
Understand your options when buying or setting up your dental practice
A dentist wanting to be a practice owner faces a large number of choices:
- Being the sole principal vs associate?
- Buying an existing practice vs setting one up from scratch?
- What is the impact of the corporate buyers?
Preparing to purchase or set up practice
- Selection criteria for the ideal practice to buy, or premises to set up;
- Sources of financing;
- Interpreting profit and loss;
- Valuations: how to establish profitability and a fair price;
- Negotiations: how to reach a satisfactory agreement;
- Sale of practice contracts and legal considerations.
After you have purchased or set up your practice
- How to make sure you have a smooth transition;
- Ranges for acceptable overheads;
- Your new role as manager and leader;
- Strategies for success.