- QLD Country
- PRACTICE FOR SALE
high-grossing mixed animal clinic
About the practice
Established in the area more than 30 years ago, this mixed animal clinic moved to its current purpose-built location in 1997. The expansive property, which houses a surgery, large animal handling facilities and a wildlife hospital, enables the clinic to expertly care for any animal, from household pets and livestock to exotic pets and wildlife. The business has a lucrative contract with one of the major gas companies to treat and rehabilitate all different types of wildlife and release them back into the wild. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to take over the reins of this successful, high-grossing clinic.
About the premises
- High quality small-animal surgery
- Wet prep/dirty surgery area
- Two-three consulting rooms
- Large animal handling facilities, including crushes, stockyards and stables
- Fully stocked separate wildlife hospital, with an outside marsupial paddock, reptile shelters, several large bird/possum cages and a large flight cage
- The vendors are in the process of clearing land to upgrade/rebuild all the large animal facilities and expand the site
- Small flat adjoining the clinic, which is used for vet accommodation only
- Short distance to the centre of town, racecourse and showgrounds
- The vendors also run a busy satellite practice 2 days/week in nearby Miles
- Wide catchment area
About the area
Chinchilla is a town and locality in the Western Downs Region, Queensland. The town is approximately 300 kilometres west-northwest of Brisbane, and is connected to Brisbane, Toowoomba and Roma by the Warrego Highway. Agriculture is the mainstay of the community, with beef and pork production, wool production and horticulture traditionally making up the local economy.
Chinchilla has four schools (one state high school, one state primary school and two private primary schools) that cater from prep to year 12. The Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE annex is located in the high school grounds and works closely with local business and industries. Leichhardt House is a hostel that provides accommodation for students from homes in remote areas. Chinchilla also hosts horse races four times a year. In addition, Chinchilla has a vast range of sports facilities and a variety of sports clubs.