- SA Country
- PRACTICE FOR SALE
Equine clinic North of Adelaide
About the practice
The vendor established this equine practice in 1993 as a mobile practice and decided to plant roots and set up the clinic in its current location in 1997. This location allowed the multifaceted clinic to hospitalise horses, as well as see outpatients. The premises is made up of multiple buildings on a large property and is conveniently located next door to the Gawler Harness Racing Club. The clinic specialises in the dedicated care of equine, including donkeys and mules, however, could be expanded to include other animals. In addition to treating animals at its clinic, the practice does farm calls to a wide catchment area and often sees clients from remote areas travel over eight hours to visit the clinic. This sale is a great opportunity to continue building on the foundations laid by the previous owner.
About the premises
- Situated on the property are a residential building with a front office and reception, procedure shed with internal stables and equine facilities and a general storage shed.
- The front office contains a reception, two offices, staff kitchen and amenities and split system air conditioning
- The residential dwelling was converted from an old warehouse and has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a combined kitchen/dining/living area, laundry, lounge and office
- Reproduction facilities onsite
- Three large water tanks, eight stables and multiple yards
- Direct access to the Gawler Harness Racing Club
- Located on an arterial road that connects the town to the Northern Expressway
- Major amenities are located within the township, which is five kilometres away
About the area
Gawler is the oldest country town on the Australian mainland in the state of South Australia. It is just over 40 kilometres north of Adelaide and is close to the Barossa Valley, a major wine-producing district. Historically a semi-rural area, Gawler has been swept up in Adelaide's growth in recent years and is now considered by some as an outer northern suburb of Adelaide. It covers 41 square kilometres and includes the areas of Evanston, Evanston Gardens, Evanston Park, Evanston South, Gawler, Gawler East, Gawler South, Gawler West, Hillier, Kudla, Reid, Uleybury (part) and Willaston. Gawler services catchment is estimated at 90,000 people. The family-friendly township is known for its relaxed lifestyle, with a deep history and community.