- SA Country
- PRACTICE FOR SALE
Long-established Small animal practice in the Riverland Region
About the practice
Established in January 1999 and rebranded in 2008, this practice provides a comprehensive range of small animal treatments to the Riverland region of South Australia. The vendor is selling to phase into retirement, however, is willing to stay on post sale to ensure a smooth transition. The practice prides itself on providing a high level of care and service, in addition to grooming and cat boarding facilities. This is a great opportunity to take over an established practice with a loyal patient base on the banks of the Murray River.
About the premises
- The practice operates out of a converted residential building
- Front garden displays eye-catching branding/signage
- The premises contains an operating room for general surgery (including desexing)
- Other services offered include routine dental care and oral surgery, radiography, ultrasound examinations, pathology testing and management of medical cases
- The practice provides dog and cat grooming and puppy pre-school
- The premises contains holiday accommodation for up to 10 cats in individual air-conditioned cat shacks, with access to an outside cat play area
About the area
Berri is a town in the Riverland region of South Australia, 238 kilometres north-east of Adelaide. The town, which lies on the north bank of the Murray River, is primarily agricultural and viticultural.
Berri is surrounded by 3000 hectares of irrigated vineyards and orchards. It hosts some of the largest wine production facilities in Australia, including the juice company, Berri Ltd. Wine production at the Berri Estates Winery has been a fundamental part of Berri’s existence since 1918, making it one of Australia’s oldest wineries.
Berri is a multicultural town, with a café and hotel on the riverside, a main street that overlooks the river and other shopping facilities, including Riverland Central Plaza. The local cafes and restaurants are known for making great use of both the Riverland’s fresh produce and its multiculturalism; there is a weekly farmer's market, featuring not only fresh fruit and vegetables, but also showcasing foods from many countries, reflecting the diversity of cultures within the region.